Sunday, August 28, 2011

What I'm trying to say, linda, is that there is nothing in your body that lies

Arcade Fire sings

            "my body is a cage, that keeps me dancing from the one i love, but my mind holds the key."

I love this song, and whenever I hear it, I get a prickly feeling on the back of my neck. Music can be like a flashlight, illuminating truths you knew all along but never formed into a complete thought. I've always longed for someone, a physical closeness I can't ever quite achieve.The media tells me it's a man, psychology tells me it's my mother, Love is a many splendored thing. Love lifts us up where we belong. ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE! 




but who? who do i love? Who is my body keeping me from dancing with?
Myselves. I will never truly see them face to face, hug them, hit them. They are me, and I am them. The only thing that seperates us is that I have a paper trail. I feel this is sad and unfair, I want my son to know and understand them as seperate entities, yet one whole complete mother. I want to hold the little ones. I want to stand alone, apart from them, be able to say I AM ME and mean it, without them in the back of my head.Identity is such a strange thing to begin with. Who are we really? What seperates us from each other? Is it as simple as a body?

No comments:

Post a Comment